Skidmore Student Stories
With over 120 clubs to join, 43 majors to study, hundreds of faculty members to learn from and more than 2,500 students to befriend, there are a lot of stories to tell at Skidmore.
Together, they represent a community of individuals, each experiencing a different piece of daily life on campus. Here, you’ll find stories by current students for prospective students that illustrate a few examples of Life at Skidmore.
- Have you ever wondered how your favorite D-Hall dishes would taste if you switched out the usual bread with a waffle? Adam Weinreb '20 did, and blogged about it.
- Part fast-casual restaurant, part living room, part stage, part meeting space, part study spot, The Spa is a special place to many Skidmore students.
- Off campus, I am Ms. Goldstein the teacher. On campus, I am Hillary, the college student. They are one and the same for me, but balancing both can be equal parts hectic and exciting. Here is a day in my life.
- From its towering presence over campus to its sweeping penthouse views, here’s why I believe the iconic Jonsson Tower is an unforgettable part of the Skidmore student experience.
- As a DJ, I've discovered that everyone at Skidmore has a unique playlist for their college journey. It's when you mix them together, though, that things really start to vibe.
- While we all have different perspectives and are sure to have different experiences, there are universal considerations that anyone planning an off-campus journey should make. Here are some key questions to ask yourself before leaving Skidmore.